Service APIs overview
The Pelion Device Management service APIs are based on the RESTful paradigm.
The available APIs are:
- Device Directory API: Stores device information and allows device management.
- Update Service API: Manages device firmware updates.
- Account Management API: Manages accounts and users, creates API keys and uploads trusted certificates.
- Connect API: Allows web applications to communicate with devices.
- Bootstrap API: Allows web applications to control the device bootstrapping process.
- Enrollment API: Allows users to claim the ownership of a device which is not yet assigned to an account.
- Connect Statistics API: Provides statistics about cloud services through defined counters.
- Customer's third party CA API: Defines a third party bootstrap certificate provider.
- Certificate enrollment API: Allows managing certificate renewals on devices.
- Billing API: Allows users to retrieve billing reports and service package details.
The APIs expose a concrete and consistent view of resources with support for Create, Read, Update, Delete and List (CRUDL) operations.
For information on how the APIs work in general terms, see Using the APIs.
Note: The services are constantly evolving, and the documentation is always for the latest version of the services. This means that we may list features that your client version does not support.